[PD] X-Keys USB interface

Lex Ein lexein at hotmail.com
Mon Dec 1 21:20:28 CET 2003

I haven't used it, but I read the docs at the site,  http://www.xkeys.com .
http://www.xkeys.com/techdocs/manuals/manadxfpbus.pdf
The main operating mode "memory resident" makes multicharacter
strings available at every key position, recorded in EEPROM onboard.

Design issues:
The board doesn' t include any protection circuitry for the microprocessor,
so static electricity precautions certainly should be used.

Because there are no driver/receivers on the board, the keys would best
be put in the same case as the board.

USB is designed to work out to 30 feet.  I got a webcam to work
correctly out to 40 feet.  Best to use low-capacitance USB cable if you
string it up far from your computer.
- Lex