[PD] install fink libs

sara kolster sara at x-i.net
Tue Dec 2 09:43:17 CET 2003

Hallo,

Up till now i'm following the instructions from Tom Schouten:
http://zwizwa.fartit.com/pd/pdp/overview.html to get pdp installed on osx.

On this moment i'm experiencing his note:  'The OSX version depends on
Fink <http://fink.sourceforge.net/>, which is not in the "point & click"
stage yet, so setting it up will require some efford.'  by following the
instructions of the earlier mentioned link by Gon Zifroni:
http://ydegoyon.free.fr/pidip-for-osx.txt

I updated GCC, installed Fink but get stuck when i want to install the
needed libs:

gsl-shlibs
libquicktime0-shlibs

I already tried 'fink selfupdate-cvs', but that didn't help me getting the
needed libs.
This is what i get:

Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done
E: Couldn't find package libquicktime0-shlibs

Does anyone knows how to get these libs? The faq-page of fink
http://fink.sourceforge.net/faq/usage-fink.php#unstable didn't help me
any further; it suggests to copy the needed files to /sw/fink/dists/local/main/finkinfo
But 1: i the files named

gsl-shlibs
libquicktime0-shlibs

aren't there. I also changed the config. file and ran selfupdate.cvs, but it still couldn't
find the packages.

thnx

Sara