[PD] Re: [PD-dev] PDP 0.12.2 linux -- broken objects

Marc Lavallée odradek at videotron.ca
Wed Dec 3 03:48:37 CET 2003

On Tue, Dec 02, 2003 at 08:11:37PM -0500, Yves Degoyon wrote:
> guenter geiger wrote:
> >although it is bad practice in general, I think you should include
> >ffmpeg into pidip ... what do you think ?
> >
> i don't understand what's wrong here,
> i don't have the habit to distribute libraries
> i did not write with my packages.
> should i ditribribute Image Magick too ?
> i precisely think this is a bad practice.

Instead of hosting a cvs snapshot of ffmpeg, you should note the date when
upgrading from ffmpeg cvs, then use this date to write a special cvs
command, so people can fetch the correct ffmpeg cvs snapshot.

Here's to upgrade from cvs, and show the correct date
(make sure your clock is correctly set):

cvs -z3 -d:pserver:anonymous at cvs.sf.net:/cvsroot/ffmpeg \
co ffmpeg
date -u +"%F %R"

The date will look like 2003-12-03 02:40

Here's the command to retrieve that exact snapshot, even a month later:

cvs -z3 -d:pserver:anonymous at cvs.sf.net:/cvsroot/ffmpeg \
co -D "2003-12-03 02:40" ffmpeg

:-)
--