[PD] Re: [Fink-beginners] pdp and libquicktime

tigital at mac.com tigital at mac.com
Wed Dec 3 04:06:04 CET 2003

On Tuesday, December 2, 2003, at 06:20  PM, sara kolster wrote:

> Still working on installing pdp.
> I have again a question about the libquicktime, since running
> ./configure on pdp gives me the following output:
>
> checking for lqt_decode_video in -lquicktime... no
>   libquicktime not found: not building pdp_qt
>
> First of all; when i run 'fink list -i', the needed libquicktime is
> there:
>
> i   libquicktime0-shlibs  0.9.2pre1-5      Shared libraries for
> quicktime4linux
>
> So; why this message that libquicktime isn't found?
> And; how can i change this. Does pdp configure doesn't see it, or
> should i copy it to another location?

...I haven't seen the latest versions of pdp/pipip's makefiles, but it
sounds like they just aren't looking in /sw/include or /sw/lib, which
is where the fink stuff is:  check the pdp or pidip makefiles and
change the paths, or if your running ./configure, you may be able to do
tell configure and extra include and lib path:  "./configure --help"
for the syntax...

l8r,
jamie