[PD] tight syncing of two pd machines...

CK x at meta.lo-res.org
Wed Dec 3 12:08:31 CET 2003

I read:
> so... how have you achieved tight timing sync?  should i give up on
> network sync and just use a midi cable?

if the computers are close enough to use midi, you could try with a
crossover tp ethernet cable, use udp netsend/receive and measure the
latency and use the data to calibrate, this gave me fairly useable
results. but

> how about OSC?

osc is definitely the tool of choice here, since you can send timestamped
messages it would f.i. be possible to send osc messages timestamped in
the near future to keep two sequencers in sync.

regards,

chris at lo-res.org	Postmodernism is german romanticism with better
http://pilot.fm/	special effects. (Jeff Keuss / via ctheory.com)