[PD] pdp and libquicktime

Yves Degoyon ydegoyon at free.fr
Wed Dec 3 12:47:18 CET 2003

sara kolster wrote:

> Yves Degoyon wrote:
>
>> hi,
>>
>> this means that you try to recompile pdp and pidip ?
>

> Yes, but as i see it wasn't neccessary. I looked over the bin darwin
> file in Tom's pdp-page.
>
> So, as i already created a pdp directory, how can i rmdir AND its
> contains without having to rm individual dirs and files? With every
> try the message 'dir isn't empty' keeps popping up.

for any folder, if you want to remove it for good,
you can open a terminal
and do :

"cd /usr/local/pd" ( or wherever it is )
"sudo rm -rf <dir>"

>> you should just add '-lib <path to pdp.pd_linux>/pdp -lib <path to
>> pidip.pd_linux>/pidip'
>> to your Pd.command, that's it.
>>
> On your page: http://ydegoyon.free.fr/pidip-for-osx.txt it says:
>
> 5. install the present package in /usr/local/lib/pd/pdp_pidip_osx
>
> 6. modify the Pd.command textfile to read like this
> /usr/local/bin/pd -rt -path
> /usr/local/lib/pd/extra:/usr/local/lib/pd/pdp_pidip_osx/abstractions -lib
> /usr/local/lib/pd/pdp_pidip_osx/pdp_pidip
>
> --------
>
> But pd was already installed in the default location. Do i still have
> to edit the pd.command txt file?

sure, this is an extra library that you install so these additions
just tells pd to load them at startup.

but, you must also check at startup that it loads ok,
so you should have in the console a message like :*

PDP: pure data packet
PDP: version 0.12.3-test-12
PiDiP : additional video processing objects for PDP : version 0.12.11 (
ydegoyon at free.fr )

but, i doubt it will be ok at first try,
because some libraries must still be missing
( like libmagick-shlibs or libimlib2-shlibs )..

cheers,
sevy