[PD] tight syncing of two pd machines...

joreg joreg at gmx.at
Wed Dec 3 13:43:08 CET 2003

halo.

in a recent setup i had to sync a pc that generated sounds to another
that did the visuals. all tests with udp or tcp connections were
unsatisfying. the beat was not received constantly on the other
machine. now i do it with midi and am happy. i didn't measure anything
but a jitter is no longer obvious.

osc will not be better than netsend via udp since it still uses udp.

grkks.
joreg.

current: http://vvvv.meso.net
allstar: http://joreg.ath.cx