[PD] a question about pidip, and a comment about programming and art

Pall Thayer palli at pallit.lhi.is
Wed Dec 3 17:05:14 CET 2003

You can't argue against the fact that the material has a very large
impact on the outcome of a work of art. But no, code is not art. No
more so than paint or canvas. The importance of the material varies. In
some cases it is very important, in others not so. I wouldn't go so far
as to say that code is THE next material. It's definitely not going to
replace other materials but it is a new material with very new
properties.

best reg.
Pall Thayer