[PD] FFT : separating phase and amplitude

julien.breval at tremplin-utc.net julien.breval at tremplin-utc.net
Wed Dec 3 20:25:35 CET 2003

hello

the left inlet of [rfft~] outputs the real part of the FFT
the right inlet of [rfft~] outputs the imaginary part of the FFT

I would like to convert it to phase and amplitude ; actually this is quite
simple, I have to convert from cartesian to polar coordinates

I know the conversion formulas, but the abstractions I wrote don't work very
well, because the [atan2], [cos] and [sin] object doesn't exist in "signal"
versions ("[sin~]", "[atan2~]")

I used a [snapshot~] with a rate of 1/44100, but it cracks a lot

What is the correct solution ? An external would be a great idea, but it has to
work on both Windows XP and Mac OS X
I would prefer something using only original objects

Thanks a lot