[PD] Questions from a beginner in Pd/MacOS X

Roald Baudoux roald.baudoux at brutele.be
Thu Dec 4 10:55:44 CET 2003

Hello,

After many years of work with Max/MSP on MacOS 9/X I want to try Pd out.

So I am going to install it on TiBook computer running MacOS X 10.2.6.

I have several questions about Pd:

1) I am looking for advice about which installer to choose (especially not
to have trouble with all this tcl/tk stuff).
2) Is there a document explaining the main practical differences between Pd
and Max/MSP?
3) It seems that several externals need to be compiled by the user himself.
Is there a good tutorial for beginners in compilers installation and use
somewhere?

Thank you in advance.

Best regards,

Roald Baudoux