[PD] load_object: Symbol "_pdp_pidip_setup" not found

Yves Degoyon ydegoyon at free.fr
Fri Dec 5 02:37:42 CET 2003

hi,

robcanning wrote:

> Ah ha! thanks for that, now, having changed the file name i am very,
> very happy to see this:
>
> PDP: pure data packet
> PDP: version 0.12.1
> PiDiP : additional video processing objects for PDP : version 0.12.10
> ( ydegoyon at free.fr )
>
> but then i get this:
>
> pdp_text : severe error : could not load default font : no rendering !!!

oke, my fault, there was a missing /fonts directory
in the archive now added
that contains a font that should be installed
on your system
( in /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/TTF on linux, but
maybe elsewhere on MAC OSX,
oh yep, maybe you don't know i don't have a MAC at hand ).

but anyway, this is not too serious,
only the pdp_text object will not work.

> also i tried the quicktime.pd example, the file loaded ok but then i
> got this error:
>
> pdp_glx: autocreate window
> pdp_glx: cant open display :0
>
> I'm using Xdarwin for X11 support - how can i make sure this is
> working with pdp_pidip?
> (do i need to run pd from the Xserver somehow or should pidip call up
> the X11 window on its own?)

yep, you definitively need to start X11 server
before starting pd. wasn't that clear enough ?

cheers,
sevy