[PD] dynamic array creation

luc kendo zire at post.sk
Sat Dec 6 02:13:28 CET 2003

hi list,

i have a couple of questions:

How to create an array via the pd.internal.messages ? I've tried to send the message "array x y"  but it makes error: Bad arguments for message 'array' to object "canvas" .. what are the right arguments ??

A basic question: how to join strings which are changed to produce a message ? I think of something like this: larilarila_(number) (another number) - where the numbers are changing .. ? The second step could be $1 $2 - but how to join "larilarila" and (number) ??

I'm trying to build a recorder patch which would record the changes of states of controlers during an performance. It should be able to "replay" them later, and use them to render/outpu the performance in hi-quality by slowing down to 1 fps for example.. the states are numbers (1-12) but the performance is in 20 fps for a longer time .. arrays seem not to work at all if their length is greater then 5000 or even 2000 , and i need 10+ of them, each at least with length 24000 .. Is there a better way how to do it ?

thak you

gnd/

________
Vyhrajte mobil vo Vianocnej sutazi na http://mobil.sme.sk