ALSA [was: Re: [PD] [ot] rme hammerfall]

vanDongen/Gilcher gml at xs4all.nl
Sat Dec 6 11:32:37 CET 2003

In theory you could use the alsa-lib api to look up card names through card
numbers. I think you can "scan" through the asoundrc this way. The
documentation in alsa-lib is pretty much non-existant.

Since the Alsa code in pd was pretty sloppy, the last time I looked, maybe the
whole alsa part should be redone. OTOH if portaudio works, why maintain the
ALSA part?

Gerard

--
electronic & acoustic musics-- http://www.xs4all.nl/~gml