[PD] Gem CVS configure problem

thewade pdman at aproximation.org
Sat Dec 6 18:19:46 CET 2003

Hello,
I am trying to get Gem set up to run with pd, while Im waiting for libquicktime-devel to get back to me on my whole ffmpeg-libquicktime issue (they take for-ever).

Anyway, im trying to configure so that I may compile gem, on account of that I have a gem rpm installed, and gem gives me a little message on pd-load, but all the gem objects arnt recognized...

So, i try, in the src/Gnu dir, ./makeauxlibs => success, then ./configure nd I get:
[wade at transport Gnu]$ ./configure
HEAD: /usr/include /usr/local/include ../../../GemLibs/
LIBS: ../../../GemLibs/ /usr/local/lib /usr/local/src
Configuring for Gem.pd_linux
checking for gnu make... yes
checking for c++... no
checking for g++... no
checking for gcc... gcc
checking whether the C++ compiler (gcc  ) works... no
configure: error: installation or configuration problem: C++ compiler cannot create executables.

I have no problem compiling other packages...

What am I doing wrong?
Thanks,
-thewade