[PD] MIDIOUT XP

tom iamonthebeach at hotmail.com
Sat Dec 6 21:00:34 CET 2003

Hi list, I need to control a tascam-us-428(midi controller module) from
PD.

Pd has no problems receiving the midi messages from the us-428 but I
need to send the us-428 custom midi messages (to control the many leds).

The actual message is composed of the following numbers:
240
64
0
18
01
NUM
STATE
255

Where NUM is the led number and STATE is the led's state (0 or 127).

Why doesn't MIDIOUT work in XP? If you try it, it posts :"sorry, no
byte-by-byte MIDI output implemented in MAC OSX"!!!!!!!!

Is there another way I can send out the midi message?
Why can't I do byte-by-byte midi in XP?

Thanks

Tom O F