[PD] [ot] rme hammerfall

Tim Blechmann TimBlechmann at gmx.net
Sat Dec 6 23:04:33 CET 2003

> > the oss layer, that could be used, too, has been changed, too, so
> > it's at least not working with the quattro any more...
>
> I never tried, but it might be worth it, to try running Pd under aoss.
i already tried this, but without success ... i used /dev/dsp1 and
/dev/adsp1 with a symlink to /dev/dsp2, so that i had 2 different
independent devices. this worked fine with devel_0_36...

with 0.37 there are 2 different problems. the first is, that there are
problems to get a proper test sound (i'll have to check it again, but i
think i somehow solved that problem). the second problem is, that it
seems that input and output channels are getting the same signals. that
means, that the sound that i send to the output is captured from the
input device, and the input sound is send to the output immediately...

i can't check it right now, but afaik this was the main problem... you
won't be able to process sounds with a setup like this...

take care...

 Tim                          mailto:TimBlechmann at gmx.de
                              ICQ: 96771783
                              http://www.nyds-exp-discogs.tk
--
The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live,
the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn,