[PD] Connecting pd and java

Pall Thayer palli at pallit.lhi.is
Mon Dec 8 17:57:51 CET 2003

Because I don't really know the nature of the project. If people want to do
everything by hand, then a listening socket in java is fine. The good thing
about a server in between is that the PD patch and java program can be
disconnected and reconnected at will without any fuss. Put a loadbang on the
connect message for the netsend and all you have to do is launch the patch
and then launch your java program. I don't know, it just makes sense to me to
have something that's constantly active, in between.

Pall

--
Pall Thayer
artist/teacher