[PD] First time PD Linux user: what Linux to get? - sorry

type_non type_non at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 10 13:21:30 CET 2003

I posted this before i made a search and i saw that this was already answered.

Sorry for any inconvenience.

type_non <type_non at yahoo.com> wrote:
I've been using using PD/GEM in XP for some time. Although i'm very happy with it, i decided to install Linux to use PD with pdp/pidip and other externals and because i really want ot try Linux.

The problem is that i never installed Linux and i'm not shure what to install: Red Hat, Mandrake, SuSe? A friend of mine has 3 Red Hat 9 iso's, so i probably will install that... What do you think?

Also, i will install linux in my laptop, a Toshiba Satellite 5400-504. I don't have any special sound card, just the one who came onboard with the laptop. Hope it works and i can get any sound...

Download Yahoo! Messenger now for a chance to WIN Robbie Williams "Live At Knebworth DVD"