[PD] newbie question fiddle~ bonk~

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Wed Dec 10 22:37:47 CET 2003

Hallo,
MilesOkazaki at aol.com hat gesagt: // MilesOkazaki at aol.com wrote:

>   I have PD running on Windows XP and Max OSX.  In both cases, help-bonk~.pd
> responds to an audio signal running through the soundcard but help-fiddle~.pd
> doesn't.  Is there some difference between these two in terms of how they
> receive the audio signal?

This difference is only in the way the help patches are build. This
does not reflect any of the real differences in fid..~ or bonk~

You can use fiddle~ and bonk~ with any audio signal. These may come
from the audio-in (adc~) or from every other audio (~) object like a
phasor~, sfplay~, xgroove~, readanysf~ or whatever you prefer.

ciao