[PD] nForce chipset

Sean Costello seancostello2003 at comcast.net
Fri Dec 12 21:37:55 CET 2003

The Dolby Encoder in the nForce/XBox is based around a Parthus DSP core
(similar to a Motorola 563XX DSP). Besides being proprietary, the encoder
adds ~50 msec of latency to the signal, which may create a problem for
real-time music applications. The analog outs on the XBox (under Linux) are
supposed to have about 8 msec latency, so presumably the nForce is the same.

Are you unable to access the 6 outputs on the nForce boards as analog outs?
Or is it just stereo analog, SPDIF digital?

Sean Costello