[PD] (Facts Please !) a mac or pc with Linux for PD

Marc Lavallée odradek at videotron.ca
Sun Dec 14 18:13:29 CET 2003

On Sun, Dec 14, 2003 at 11:31:31AM -0500, shreeswifty wrote:
> I run Linux redhat7.3 on my vaio it took quite some tinkering
> to get everything to work.

Sometime it's easier to upgrade than patching an old system.
But the time you spent was good investment.

> There is no real workable free Linux video editor IMHO

Kino (http://kino.schirmacher.de/). It really works. Combined with good
encoding tools (mencoder, transcode), the results are often better than
with proprietary software.

> The main thing you want with a machine is what you want with anything
> really. in my opinion - Full Functionality.
> Right now that seems to be OS X.

For a skilled user, Gnu/Linux is easier and more functionnal than OSX.
There's no such thing as full functionnality, and things evolves...
--
Marc