[PD] Re:what to do 2

B. Bogart ben at ekran.org
Mon Dec 15 16:17:38 CET 2003

Hey Jhave,

My research group (www.rcc.ryerson.ca/synthops) has done a few similar
peices.

We have not used tracking data in the room to mix, but have used tracking
data from
the video streams to effect params (like sound) "touch" is an example by
another artist, it senses
contact between video streams and generates sound from it.

We did use softVNS (and accessgrid for streaming)

SoftVNS is a very powerful tool, very well documented, very fast (much
better than jitter), and very clear to use:

[v.movie]

[v.add 125]

[v.screen]

to add 125 to each pixel of a QT movie. softVNS is also incredably stable,
(under OSX!)
I would not know how to compare it to pidip since I've not got it working,
but the concepts are very similar to PDP.

Ben