[PD] xp4pd - extreme programming over the network
hans at eds.org
Mon Dec 15 21:38:11 CET 2003
Now that the Lille2004 work is finally winding down, I have time to
This collection of Pd patches allows multiple users to edit a shared
the same time over a network. This allows Pd users to practice
(aka 'XP') in realtime over the internet. XP is the practice of 2 or
programmers working on the same code at the same time collaboratively.
Currently, its very rudimentary, but I plan on flushing it out into a
complete XP environment.
This patch needs objects from a couple Pd external libs:
- [netclient], [netserver] from Olaf Matthes' maxlib
- [list2symbol], [niagara] from IOhannes Zmoelnig's zexy
- [shell] from guenter geiger's ggee
- [tot] from Kzrysztof Czaja's toxy
- [prepend] from Kzrysztof Czaja's cyclone ([prepend] from iemlib2
not work for this because it lacks a [set( message)
As of maxlib v1.5, [netclient] is buggy, so you'll need the included
version to really use xp4pd.
Using ReBirth is like trying to play an 808 with a long stick.
More information about the Pd-list