[PD] RE: [OT] migrating to linux

Matthew Allen matthew at lith.com
Mon Dec 15 23:39:29 CET 2003

ok!!! Guy! Sorry Fernando.

> > like to move over to mostly shell based scripts as soon as I can.
>
> Don't do that. Bash is hell (a lot of hell going on in this mail, no
> offending intended).

I am mostly just trying to learn the syntax of it so I can figure out what
is going on in some of the larger shell scripts I have seen. Sort of like
opening someone else's Patch to figure out how they build things. I promise
not to forget any Python :)

> So one possible way would be: Install a stable Debian base system.
> Only a minimal set of packages, no X (so X can't break on the upgrade)
> and similar, but with net access.
[snip]

ok interesting, Ill give that a shot (I don't have net access so I have to
do an 'apt-cdrom add'.

m.