[PD] readsf~

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Tue Dec 16 02:57:33 CET 2003

Hallo,
afenerich hat gesagt: // afenerich wrote:

> I am trying to use the readsf~ object, in PD 0.37 for mac X, but it is not working, it
> cannot open the soundfile because it cannot find it; but I have saved my soundfile in
> the pd/doc/sound directory, the same as in the help example. this message appears in
> wish terminal:
>
> error: readsf: start requested with no prior 'open'
> error: readsf: start requested with no prior 'open'
> error: dsp: ../sound/ellerfront.wav: No such file or directory
>

> Does anybody knows how to solve it? I really love apreciate help!!

Try hand-selecting the file with this often used idiom:

 [bang(

 [openpanel]

 [open $1(

 [readsf~]

Your problem might be, that you try to use readsf~ in a patch in a
patch, that is not next to the "sound" directory. Because of that,
looking in "../" is not looking in the directory above sound.

You could also use a full path, like "/usr/lib/pd/doc/sound/file.wav" or
"c:/pd/doc/soundfile.wav", if you're on Windows.

ciao