[PD] tight syncing of two pd machines...

B. Bogart ben at ekran.org
Wed Dec 17 16:24:19 CET 2003

Keep in mind that you cannot get better resolution with note messages
(0-127) so you will have bigger jumps in your scaled control values. (you
could also interpolate on the receiving end)

you should probably use a controller (ctlin) which is not limited to 0-127
but has 14bit resolution (I think?)

I did have issues sending ctl data from max and reaktor to pd, it seems pd
just sends midi data, while other apps scale and translate the values.

I think a handly abstraction would be one that scales the incoming range to
a specified range automatically... has 4 args, the min and max of the input
and the desired min and max. if no one else has bothered I'll patch on up
myself.

B.