[PD] Memento 0.4 and a tutorial

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Wed Dec 17 17:00:31 CET 2003

Hi,

I updated Memento again, it's now at version 0.4 and as usual
available here:

http://www.pure-data.org/community/projects/rradical/patches/

There is an important addition:

  Memento now has a Tutorial! So if you never understood what all this
  Memento stuff I'm working on is good for, please follow the tutorial
  once. It gives a lot of hints on how to add persistance to your
  patches.

  The tutorial basically also works and is valid for older versions of
  Memento >= 0.3, but see below.

There are some important changes:

* pool from today's CVS is required. I now use the mkchdir messages,
  that create a directory and immediatly change into it.

* I now use Cyclone's [prepend] instead of [glue]. it has to be
  Cyclone prepend, because it is used without creation argument and
  with the "set" message. (Please ignore its compatibility warnings.)

  BTW: We really should somehow agree on ONE prepend. There are
  dozens of prepends, I believe

* Originator's right inlet now directly accepts and routes OSC
  messages.

Have fun and share patches.

ciao