standard externals (was: Re: [PD] Memento 0.4 and a tutorial)

guenter geiger geiger at xdv.org
Wed Dec 17 18:24:12 CET 2003

On Wed, 17 Dec 2003, Frank Barknecht wrote:
>   BTW: We really should somehow agree on ONE prepend. There are
>   dozens of prepends, I believe

Yes, resolving issues like this is one of the goal of CVS, but
obviously it is not the goal of externals developers.

So if this doesn't work out, how about selecting a set
of "should go into pd" externals, or even better we start
discussing about a orthoganal set of externals that are really needed
and general enough to go into the core ?

Reappearing problems are string manipulation and list manipulation for
example.

Greetings,

Guenter