[PD] MySql database accessing with PureData ?

Marc Lavallée odradek at videotron.ca
Wed Dec 17 21:15:48 CET 2003

On Wed, Dec 17, 2003 at 08:07:47PM +0100, Frank Barknecht wrote:

> > I'd like a SQLite external... (that would be a really cool project).
>
> Works with pyext, and if you use SQLObject as I suggested, you could
> even use the same code for it, as you'd use for MySQL, PostgreSQL,
> Firebird, DBM-files, ...

What I like about SQLite is that it uses local database files without a
server, it's very fast, and the static library is small enough to be
linked to the external (~350K), for easy distribution of projects,
including the external and the databases. For Windows, there's a SQLite
DLL.

> But of course an external would be nice, too, although the string
> handling in Pd is a bit, well, orthogonal to SQL.

For simple SQL commands and data types, that's not a problem, and it
should also be possible to save audio data in a database, for example.

--
Marc