pd-render object WAS: Re: [PD] xp4pd - extreme programming over the network

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Thu Dec 18 03:08:02 CET 2003

Hallo,
guenter geiger hat gesagt: // guenter geiger wrote:

> On Wed, 17 Dec 2003, guenter geiger wrote:
> > > Ok, that sounds like a very cool idea, I am all for making as much of
> > > Pd be 'Pure Data' as possible.  By making more of the GUI in the realm
> > > of Pd messages, then it would allow [widget]-like functionality with
> > > native Pd msgs, while being GUI toolkit agnostic.  But that is also
> > > probably not a holiday task.
> >
> > yes, thats exactly what xgui already does, its just a question of
> > implementing this idea efficiently.
> > nothing new ..
>
> ah, yes, and of course the template stuff does the same thing
> ..

Which is, what I would like to mention, too. The template stuff is
quite cool, unfourtunatly it is really hard to understand deeply and
doesn't cope well with Graph-on-parent patches in my (small)
experience.

But: It is independent of the toolkit, Pd uses. It's a whole new
syntax, that seems quite flexible.

If it only would find more users, so the rough edges can be found and
smoothed out...

I don't think, something so tied to a toolkit as toxy is the way to go
in the long run.

ciao