[PD] Sending negative numbers over OSC

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Fri Dec 19 02:23:30 CET 2003

Hallo,
B. Bogart hat gesagt: // B. Bogart wrote:

> I posted this a while back, I fixed it by turning typetags off.
>
> Problem is I can't send file paths with typetags off so I switch it on and
> off depending  on the message I send (yuck!)
>
> Martin Peach posted a patch/fix I think, check the archives.

Thanks, I've found it, Martin wrote:
###
In OSCx/OSC/dumpOSC.c line 743, in the function
dumpOSC_PrintTypeTaggedArgs():

change
 SETFLOAT(mya+myargc,ntohl(*((int *) p)));
 SETFLOAT(mya+myargc,(signed)ntohl(*((int *) p)));

...since ntohl returns an unsigned integer, you get 0xFFFFFFFF for -1,
which equals 4294967295 decimal...
###

I'll try this tomorrow and after that will commit it to CVS.

ciao