[PD] Sending negative numbers over OSC

Martin Peach martinrp at vax2.concordia.ca
Fri Dec 19 18:41:18 CET 2003

In your original post you said
"it occured to me, that sending negative floats over OSC doesn't work
here
"
... I admit I never tried it myself before 'fixing' it, but it still
works...

Perhaps in the longer term it would be better to send XML format such as
<float>-1.2345</float> so that the vagaries of stuffing
machine-dependent representations of floats into machine-dependent
representations of integers can be completely avoided, and other formats
(like imaginary numbers and expressions) could be included as well.
That would require a complete rewrite of the OSC standard though....

Martin