[PD] Re: .pdrc on osx:

sara at x-i.net sara at x-i.net
Sun Dec 21 16:04:23 CET 2003

Hi,

>> since you probably haven't got the text editor vim installed on osx, use
>> "pico":

I made the .pdrc file in my home directory. [/Users/sara/] I just added the
lines which were given by Rob Canning, so it looks like this now:

-path /usr/local/lib/pd/pd_pidip_osx/abstractions \
-path /usr/local/lib/pd/extra:/usr/local/lib/pd/pdp_pidip_osx/abstractions \
-lib /usr/local/lib/pd/pdp_pidip_osx/pdp \

>> how do you start up your pd? by typing pd into a terminal shell, or by
>> double
>> clicking on a pd.command shell script in finder? bc, if you use the second
>> version, you can as well modify the pd.command file to load -lib's for you:

If i simply type pd in my terminal, then it says command not found. But if i
doubleclick on pd.command in my applications, pd starts up; a terminal window
appears which says:

/applications/Pd.command; exit
Welcome to Darwin!
[okaras:~]sara% /Applications/Pd.command; exit
reading startup file: /Users/sara/.pdrc
Audio channel 0 was unmuted by Portaudio!

open: No such file or directory
No such file or directory
open: No such file or directory
No such file or directory
open: No such file or directory
No such file or directory
open: No such file or directory
No such file or directory
open: No such file or directory
No such file or directory
open: No such file or directory
No such file or directory
open: No such file or directory
No such file or directory
open: No such file or directory
No such file or directory

When i try to open a helpfile: help-pdp_canvas.pd it says:

RCNE SendEventToEventTarget (mous Up                       )failed, -9874
RCNE SendEventToEventTarget (mous Up                       )failed, -9874
open: /usr/local/lib/pd/doc/pidip/help-pdp_canvas.pd: Permission denied
help-pdp_canvas.pd: Permission denied

The cursor keeps on going down in the terminal shell, without giving any
output.

Sara