[PD] 64 bits of a/v pleasure?

thewade pdman at aproximation.org
Tue Dec 23 17:39:56 CET 2003

hello,
Sorry if this has been asked before.
Are there plans to write an optomized version of PD for the new 64 bit desktops/laptops? (G5/AMD 64 FX)

The scoop at tomshardware maked amd look really good, in 64 bit mode, and I know there are writeins for linux 2.6 on AMD 64FX...

Any thoughs, as I have had a hard time getting video processing and audio synthsis running in realtime on the same laptop (or at all with some packages that use libquicktime and ffmpeg, \'cause thoes two fight)? This could be the answer.

thanks,
-thewade