[PD] Re: successfull installation?

sara kolster sara at x-i.net
Wed Dec 24 13:04:49 CET 2003

Hi

> yes, sure, when installing as root,
> you need then to give read/write/excution rights
> to the other users with a command like :
>
> sudo chmod -R 777 pdp_pidip_osx
>
> ( this gives all permissions )

If i'm in pd and click on bang, a panel opens which shows all my
'normal' files, but not the /usr/ tree. Those are hidden. I'm still
figuring out, if it's possible on osx3 to see all my files instead of
the files that osx decided to let me see.

> you should click on the bang that is before the openpanel object,
> it should open a file dialog to let you choose a movie
> ( a photo-jpeg one ), then you should click on play and a window
> should appear ...
> as rob said , it might be minimized at first , you'll only be able
> to see a small icon then you should resize it
> ( a silly thing in apple's X11 server, i think ).

I'm able to open a quicktime, but then it shows this:

pdp_qt: opening /Volumes/bospeen/FCP/schrijf.mov
pdp_qt: video stream found (180x144 pixels, 25 fps, 1747 frames, rpza codec)
pdp_qt: using colormodel RGB888
pdp_qt: /Volumes/bospeen/FCP/schrijf.mov opened

pd_gui: pd process exited
/Applications/Pd.command: line 3:   830 Segmentation fault
/usr/local/bin/pd -rt
logout
[Process completed]

And, is it normal that the cursor in my terminal-window is still moving
down? Is it trying to load something, or is it just a
'time-consuming-thingy'?

Thanx for your help again.

Sara