[PD] Re: successfull installation?

Yves Degoyon ydegoyon at free.fr
Wed Dec 24 15:14:03 CET 2003

sara kolster wrote:

> Hi
>

>> yes, sure, when installing as root,
>> you need then to give read/write/excution rights
>> to the other users with a command like :
>>
>> sudo chmod -R 777 pdp_pidip_osx
>>
>> ( this gives all permissions )
>>
> If i'm in pd and click on bang, a panel opens which shows all my
> 'normal' files, but not the /usr/ tree. Those are hidden. I'm still
> figuring out, if it's possible on osx3 to see all my files instead of
> the files that osx decided to let me see.

all these permissions problems are one and only problem,
i dunno, try to run it as root and get rid of these :
sudo ./Pd.command

( maybe a UNIX book down the Xmas tree? )

>> you should click on the bang that is before the openpanel object,
>> it should open a file dialog to let you choose a movie
>> ( a photo-jpeg one ), then you should click on play and a window
>> should appear ...
>> as rob said , it might be minimized at first , you'll only be able
>> to see a small icon then you should resize it
>> ( a silly thing in apple's X11 server, i think ).
>

> I'm able to open a quicktime, but then it shows this:
>
> pdp_qt: opening /Volumes/bospeen/FCP/schrijf.mov
> pdp_qt: video stream found (180x144 pixels, 25 fps, 1747 frames, rpza
> codec)
> pdp_qt: using colormodel RGB888
> pdp_qt: /Volumes/bospeen/FCP/schrijf.mov opened
>
> pd_gui: pd process exited
> /Applications/Pd.command: line 3:   830 Segmentation fault
> /usr/local/bin/pd -rt
> logout
> [Process completed]

uuh, i'm sorry there but i think i said that before to you,
libquicktime supports very few codecs and NOT rpza,
so try to load a movie with a photo-JPEG codec,
that's it.

ciaooo,
sevy