[PD] munger~

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Sat Dec 27 00:46:25 CET 2003

Hallo,
Tim Blechmann hat gesagt: // Tim Blechmann wrote:

> i tried out the munger~ object, but it takes too much of cpu power, so i
> doubt, that it's working correctly
> one munger~ object needs about 200 percent of my cpu to run ... on a 2.5
> GHz machine which seems to be a bit too high...

Shouldn't do that. I could think of two reasons: one would be, that
munger is producing denormals on your CPU, which could be possible,
because munger~ is a delay and thus could generate very small values.

But from my own experiments with munger I found, that it is very easy
to give munger settings, that let it produce an insane amount of
grains, that are really demanding on any CPU. I don't remember which
settings produce this, but try inputting values < 1.

ciao