[PD] playing a video with an offset

zmoelnig at iem.at zmoelnig at iem.at
Sun Dec 28 14:40:09 CET 2003

Zitiere natacha Roussel <natacha at natacharoussel.com>:
> Thanks a lot
> But for some reason translate does not affect the position I am not
> sure
> I use it the right way I have uploaded my file at this adress:
> www.natacharoussel.com/patch27-un-ecran.zip if you have any chance to
> check it out and tell me what obscure thing I forgot

> I read:
> > but I want that small video on the bottom right corner of the screen
> > (the other video still playing full screen with an alphachannel..)
> how
> > can I indicate that offset???????
>
> [translateXYZ] ?

hi.

since i am on holiday i don't have any access to a pd-machine (which is a
shame), and i don't feel like reading patch-files with text-editors right
now...

so:
a) please don't use [pix_texture2], [pix_texture] should do the job. (if you
have a recent enough version of gem)

b) if [translateXYZ] is not working, i guess you have put it after(!) the
textured object (square, rectangle,...).
put it before(!) the object (see the help for [translate]/[translateXYZ]).

btw. you can change the video-size by simply resizing the screen (the
square/rectangle object). [pix_coordinate] is quite likely to not work
properly with non-power-of-2 textures.

mfg.as.dr
IOhannes