[PD] debian packages

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Tue Dec 30 01:17:46 CET 2003

Hallo,
andre schmidt hat gesagt: // andre schmidt wrote:

> how many externals are even available as debs ?

427. With libraries counted as one external. [1]

> i found apt-get install ->
> pd (0.37.cvs-10)
> pd-pdp (00.20030718-5)
> gem (0.87cvs20031031)

There's more. I have these:

$ dlocate pd_linux | cut -d: -f 1 | sort | uniq
pd-cyclone
pd-externals
pd-flext-ext
pd-osc
pd-pdp
pd-zexy
puredata

No externals, but still required: pd-flext

> sadly i didn't found pidip :(

There has been a post recently of a soon-to-be-in-Debian pidip package
here.  Search the archives.

> or, now that i know how to use cvs, would that be a better solution ?

I use the debs, and compile only the things I need by hand.

[1] This (impressive!) number was counted with
$ dlocate pd_linux | wc -l

ciao