[PD] GEM Newbie questions on interface, reaction time, stability

cgc at humboldtblvd.com cgc at humboldtblvd.com
Sun Dec 14 19:08:07 CET 2003

Quoting Andreas Niemand <niemand at orangelight.de>:

> I am using macosx 10.2.8 on a ibook 700 (G3) and tcl/TK 8.4 ( i think
> it's 8.4.1.). My version of pd is 0.37.
>
> Sometimes pd/gem quits unexpected while performing via "bus error" or
> interface problems ( i don't remember the exact shell-output).  Why ?

Are you using a G4 version of GEM?  This will crash a G3 100% of the time.  You
can use the Console application in /Application/Utilities/ and then open the pd
crash log in ~/Library/Library/CrashReporter to find out exactly what crashed.

> How many times can the same movie of pix_film be connected to different
>
> geometrical objects?

Infinite.  You only need one pix_texture to put the same image on as many
objects as you want.  If you add the separator object before each Geo then you
cna independently rotate and translate them.

cgc