[PD] PD Crashes Jack/ALSA/Hammerfall DSP was: gui makes noises / threaded gui

derek at x-i.net derek at x-i.net
Fri Jan 2 00:05:34 CET 2004

Hi Luigi,

Quoting luigi rensinghoff <luigi_r001 at yahoo.com>:

> Does anybody have a running system (it means, no
> clicks, no crashes, stable) with PD 0.37, Jack, ALSA,
> Multiface, Hammerfall DSP ????

Yes: me. I am using Gentoo, PD 0.37-devel, compiled from source with no
additional patches, and ALSA, Jack and a PCMCIA-cardbus Multiface HDSP. I just
performed with it last week, and the only major issues I faced were due to
CPU-usage and denormalized numbers which caused them. [Keep waiting for this to
get seriously addressed on the object- and external-level, but this is not
related to your question...]