[PD] PD "Projector", Executables or similar

Marc Lavallée odradek at videotron.ca
Fri Jan 2 18:25:12 CET 2004

On Fri, Jan 02, 2004 at 04:23:06PM +0000, Richard Skelton wrote:

> I became interested in PD, as it looks like you can build an audio engine
> from the ground up, but I haven't read anything to say that patches can be
> compiled into a form that is executable on target machines that don't have
> PD installed.

It's possible to run PD directly from a windows cdrom; just put everything
required (PD + tcl/tk) on a cdrom and lauch your work from a batch file that
includes the paths to PD and tcl/tk. The patches would not be compiled and/or
protected, but it would work. If you want a fancy front end, you can use Flash
or Director to communicate with PD using XMLsocket or OSC. In this scheme, PD
would run with the -nogui option.

--
Marc