[PD] digi, motu or rme?

Shintaro Miyazaki shintaro.miyazaki at stud.unibas.ch
Fri Jan 2 22:59:59 CET 2004

hi all

I am looking for a resonable audiointerface with 8 in/outs.
There is the Motu 828mkII or RME Hammerfall Multiface or the Digi 002
Rack.
Which one would you recommend (with PD?)?
I heard that Digi makes some problems and you cant use Protools with PD.
Is that true?
That (Digi 002 Rack with Protools) would be the best option, I think,
because there is no dongle for Logic in OSX yet
and I really could use a nice editing and sequencing programm for
mastering and editing my stuff and I got bored to switching between OS9
and OSX just for
working with Logic 4.8 in a stupid enviroment, which crashes all the
time.
I am working with a Powerbook, G4, Titanium, 1Ghz, 1GB Ram, etc. (OSX
10.3)

Thank you for tips.
cheers miyazaki_s