[PD] digi, motu or rme?

Dan Wilken cubis at comcast.net
Sat Jan 3 10:23:38 CET 2004

List

I have a Digi OO2 rack-mount plugged into my G4 OS 10.2.8.

I just installed Digidesign's Core Audio 6.1.2 and haven't had any
success. When I run it's Setup App, and try and add PD (PD/bin/pd) to
the CoreAudio Supported Applications, it tells me it's already part of
the list, even though it doesn't show up in the list.

When I run PD I get:

could not open midi input device number 1: Invalid device ID.
DigiCoreAudioDriver> Found 8 entries in 'SupportedApps.txt'.
using default input device number: 0
using default output device number: 1
nchan 2, flags 3, bufs 8, framesperbuf 256

So that looked hopeful... But I don't seem to be able to access the
Digi 002. When I run "Test Audio and Midi" I'm only getting signals
from 0 and 1 (Built in mic) and out through 0 and 1 as well.

I'm still very wet behind the ears with all three: OSX, PD, and Digi so
am not sure how to start hacking. I'll be glad to take any suggestions.

Odd thing, either running OS's find or locate I can't find a file
called SupportedApps.txt anywhere. Where should that be?

-Dan