[PD] Re: [PD-announce] pd 0.37-1 test 2 out (source only)

Tim Blechmann TimBlechmann at gmx.net
Sat Jan 3 21:27:53 CET 2004

> The most recent change is to fix for the (again) incompatible
> change in the Alsa API...
at least on my systems the -alsaadd flag isn't working properly ...
in the alsa configuration of pd i can select both hardware and plug-in
devices of the internal soundchip of my laptop and the hardware and
plug-in devices of the my quattro ...
adding the devices defined in the .asoundrc file like quattro, q4 or
q4b, pd fails to open them. the verbose output is:

input channels = 4, output channels = 4
alsa: changing output device to agree with input device
device name hw:2; channels in 4, out 4
audio buffer set to 50
snd_pcm_open (input): No such device
snd_pcm_open (output): No such device

pd seems to try to open the device hw:2, which doesn't exist, instead of
the device quattro (hw:1). using the quattro as recognized by pd as
hardware device, i can only access hw:1,0, but not hw:1,1.

the oss multidevice isn't working properly, either ... same noise on the
first 2 channels as in all 0.37 versions :-(

has anyone been more successful?

 Tim                          mailto:TimBlechmann at gmx.de
                              ICQ: 96771783
                              http://www.nyds-exp-discogs.tk
--
The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live,
the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn,