[PD] comport speeds

Sukandar Kartadinata sk at glui.de
Wed Jan 7 15:47:05 CET 2004

On 7. Jan 2004, at 15:25 Uhr, Marc Lavallée wrote:

> On Wed, Jan 07, 2004 at 03:30:23AM +0100, Sukandar Kartadinata wrote:
>> Hi,
>> I'm currently trying to use the 'comport' object to receive data from
>> microcontroller at a speed of 115200baud. However as soon as I send
>> data, the GUI pretty much freezes - some number boxes still update,
>> but
>> all interactivity with GUI objects is lost.
>>
>> Has anyone experienced this behaviour before ?
>> Is the baudrate simply too high ?
>> (I'm on a Athlon 1GHz/Win2000)
>
> I had a similar problem on a similar configuration, and I was not using
> the comport object. My solution was to simply stop using w2k...

Can't do that for the current project (customer's preferences...), but
for the future it's good to know that the serial port works better
under Linux if that's what you're implying (as OS X won't be an option
here). How high could you set the baudrate actually? Maybe even more
than 115200? And what's the alternative object if you are/were not
using comport?

Thanks much,
Sukandar