[PD] writesf~ bug?

Jorge Cardoso jccardoso at porto.ucp.pt
Wed Jan 7 19:29:35 CET 2004

Yep, I meant little-endian...

> Looks like soundfiler_writeargparse() is broken:  the `logic' of
> its .snd file forming part is to have machine-endian as default,
> unless for a -big or -little flags both picking a secondary
> default, which is little-endian.

It really makes no sense to have those flags since the
next/sun format (as all other that I know of) is independent
of the machine architecture.

> The code has not been corrected, since probably nobody uses
> next/sun format anymore, while aiff and wav's endiannes is fixed.

Well, I still (have to) use it :)

I fixed the code dealing with the endianess, and the size field code
also.
I have tested it in Linux and it it seems to be working now, but I would

appreciate if someone could compile it for Windows since I haven't been
able, yet, to build PD in Windows (any pointers on this would be
appreciated too ;).

Bye,
jc

---
Jorge Cardoso <-> jorgecardoso at ieee.org

"Whether you believe you can, or whether you believe you can't, you're
absolutely right." - Henry Ford