[PD] Re: comport object

Sukandar Kartadinata sk at glui.de
Wed Jan 7 20:09:07 CET 2004

Hi Alexandre,
thanks for the message. Hope you don't mind that I forward it to the
list.

> I am away from home so I can't post to the list.
>
> I was getting strange results (errors) from a basic stamp at higher
> speeds
> that 2400 Bauds. Setting the stamp and the comport object to that speed
> solved it.
>
> I run linux.

Ouch, so that suggests that things are even worse on Linux than on
Windows.
Going down to 2400baud is definitely not an option for my application
where I can't even slow down to MIDI speed at 31250baud (actually I'd
rather have more than the 115200baud I started out with).
I hope your errors were caused by something else, like noise on the
line, and not by the operating system or the comport object.

> Cheers,
>
> Alexandre

thanks,
Sukandar