[PD] [ot] hdsp multiface problem / sample clock source

Tim Blechmann TimBlechmann at gmx.net
Wed Jan 7 19:14:48 CET 2004

> Well before playing around and testing i would check
> the cardbus and the multiface on windows ...
that's probably a good idea, i used a windows machine to downgrade the
firmware, but i haven't tried anything else on another machine with this
card...

> It can happen that the eeprom is confused with the DSP
> Card it happened to me and it can only be repaired by
> rme, a sign for that if you cannot upload the firmware
> anymore with the flash-utility.
> Which i dont think is the case in your case because
> you said that the firmware upload in Linux works ok ??
well, i can upload my firmware, so it shouldn't be such a problem...

> Have you tried aplay ??? Make sure you have a proper
> Preset File for hdspmixer, because not only the
> volumes are set but also the routing......
playing with aplay works ... that means i can hear something similar to
the sound file i'm trying to play, but it seems to be distorted,
something like every dsp block for its own is played correctly, but
single dsp blocks aren't in sync ...

 Tim                          mailto:TimBlechmann at gmx.de
                              ICQ: 96771783
                              http://www.nyds-exp-discogs.tk
--
The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live,
the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn,