[PD] Pd slows to a crawl on OSX 10.3 - workaround for now

Miller Puckette mpuckett at man104-1.ucsd.edu
Thu Jan 8 17:34:56 CET 2004

Hi all,

I finally got on a 10.3 machine to see how Pd slows to a crawl as someone
remarked a couple of months ago.  In my particular case, the Mac had no
audio input hardware, and Pd, when invoked woth no arguments, got twisted
over that.

For now, if you have this problem, run "pd -noadc" (you don't lose anything
since you have no ADC anyway.)  I have Pd 0.37-1 (test 3) fixed so that it
at least will run (and you can get audio by explicitly closing audio input
in the audio control panel, by setting the channel count to zero.)  This
is coming out as soon as I can get it compiled for MSW...

cheers
Miller